Volunteers are central to the success of the Monument Crisis Center, donating over 20,000 hours of service a year.* While programs are planned by staff, nearly every service the Center offers is executed with the assistance of individuals and groups who donate their time, skills and expertise. Participants in the volunteer program come from schools, service clubs, religious affiliations, small businesses, corporations and range in age from 5 to 95.
Food Room Distribution:
Prepare food items for distribution to food program beneficiaries. Tasks include packing food boxes according to a predetermined list, bagging produce/dry food and cleaning. Volunteers must be comfortable working in a warehouse environment, standing for an extended period of time and lifting 25lbs-50lbs.
Food Program Intake:
Work directly with food program beneficiaries to facilitate their monthly distribution.
Resource and Referral:
Work with staff and community partners to organize and facilitate workshops for Monument Crisis Center.
English Language Learners:
Volunteer as an English tutor and assist adult students with basic conversational and written English.
Employment Workshop:Volunteer as a career resource guide assisting adults with résumé building, job search, application assistance and computer literacy training.
Assemble client files, write “thank you” letters, make reminder phone calls for programs and events, answer phones, file and assemble newsletters and mailings.
This opportunity is for groups of 10-15 people interested in a one-time volunteer opportunity. Facilitate a bimonthly bingo game/food distribution for seniors 55+. Volunteer tasks include setting up tables, and decorating, serving food and drinks, assisting with bingo game and cleaning up after the event.
Host a Drive:
Collect food, diapers, children’s books, toiletries or items for “birthday bags” and/or “Bingo prizes” on behalf of the Monument Crisis Center. Groups can arrange to pick up and drop off barrels to collect donations, or use a container of their own. Informational brochures and lists of accepted items will be provided to the volunteer prior to the start of the drive. Click here for more information.
- Groups may not be larger than 6 people in the morning or larger than 4 people in the afternoon. Groups larger than 6 must inquire for more information by filling out the form below.
- An adult must accompany children under 16; 1 adult per 2 children is preferred.
- Children under the age of 16 may only volunteer in the afternoon.
- Groups and adult individuals may work 2-3 hour shifts. Children (10 and younger) may not work longer than 1 hour.
- Only minors are eligible to complete court mandated service hours at the Monument Crisis Center. When filling out the webform, please indicate that you are under the age of 18, the number of service hours to be completed and the date your service is due to the court.
- Court mandated (if you are currently over the age of 18 we are unable to assist you with court mandated hours; please visit www.helpnow.org for other volunteer opportunities).
Group Event Time Slots:
Monday -Thursday Mornings 8:45-10:45am and 10:15am-12:15pm
Monday- Thursday Afternoons 1:30-3:00pm and 3:00-4:30pm
Tuesday Evenings: 4:45-7:15pm
Fridays are Groups only for Senior Program: 9:00am-12:15pm
|* Please note: You are not booked for a volunteer opportunity until you are contacted by a Monument Crisis Center staff member to confirm a date and time. Please wait until you have received a confirmation from a Monument Crisis Center staff member. You cannot come in without a scheduled time. If you do not receive an automatic response email from us within an hour, please resubmit the form.|